1. Love your siblings, in the long run they do become your best friends.
2. Sing when ever you feel sad.
3. Putting a fork in a flame and then putting it on your leg will not only give you a 3 prong scar, it will hurt.
4. Doing things that you don't feel qualified for make you stronger.
5. Don't wish your life away.
6. The older I get, the more I realize I am like my mother, and I like it.
7. Exercise isn't as bad as I think it is.
8. Ironing should be illegal unless you are working on a quilt.
9. Housework has taught me to be more consistent in other aspects of my life.
10. Being out in nature reminds me how much my Heavenly Father loves me.
11. Love the past, it makes you who you are.
12. I want to take dance lessons. I gained confidence in my dancing from Sarah. I'll love you for it forever.
13. I am just as bad at listening as my kids are.
14. When you know, you know. And no amount of time or justification will change that.
15. Good friends make all the difference in your life. I love you Crescent 7th girls!
16. Love your body, it's the only one you've got.
17. There's no place like home.
18. True happiness comes from being happy with yourself.
19. Write things down, or you'll forget!
20. I want to someday be able to beat Jed in Risk.
21. History and the human experience fascinate me.
22. I am hard to get away from because I could talk for hours.
23. When we have done all that we can do, God steps in and does the rest.
24. Get directions, then you won't get lost.
25. A penny saved is a penny earned finally makes sense to me.
As for the my birthday, it was lovely. My mom took me out to lunch, while Sarah watched the wee ones. I got all the kids down for a nap, and right when I was asleep the phone rang. :( The girls let me choose which movie to watch without pitching fits. I chose my childhood favorite; Cinderella. We then scooted the couches back in the living room and had a dance party, we even did the Boot, Scoot and Boogie, and Thriller. Sadly Jed stopped dancing when I pulled the camera out. Then we had Lemon Icebox Pie for dessert and had Sarah and Adam over. They are so much fun.
Eli stayed tucked away safely during our dance party, as most of us are prone to clumsiness. But by all accounts I think he was quite content.