Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Say Cheese!

On Monday Ruby and I were eating lunch, and as she took a bite into her sandwich, she winced and told me her tooth hurt and it was bleeding. I looked in her mouth and saw that her tooth was wiggly and that she also had this massively huge beast tooth already coming in behind it. I had never seen that happen before so I was worried.

I called Teresa and when we chatted she assured me that it was normal and to just have Ruby wiggle her tooth and that her tongue would push the new tooth forward. Ruby gave her tooth a few wiggles and it came right out in her hand, it was definitely ready. She was so excited! She just had to go outside and inform the neighbors and friends of this new development. She would even call out the window to people passing by that her tooth fell out and she would be visited by the Tooth fairy.

That night we put her tooth in an envelope for safe keeping for the Tooth fairy. She was so meticulous about how it went under her pillow so that the Tooth fairy would be sure to see it. Come the Toothfairy did, and we told Ruby to put her money in her piggy bank so she could use it for a special treat. She wanted to put it in our vacation fund jar, she wants to go to Disneyland so badly. There was no persuading her to put it in her own bank.

All of this came unexpectedly for me, it may have been good for me to have a couple days to prepare for her loosing her tooth. She is growing so quickly. Perhaps it was best that it came out unexpectedly, less time for me to get nostalgic and sentimental. :)



6 comments:

  1. What a sweet girl! I can't help but think of our days as children growing up when I hear about Ruby. Love and miss you. PS> I am dieing to hear the story about Montana L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Ruby! Ayden was excited for her because he's about to lose another tooth too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "massively huge beast tooth" hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute is that? I love that it made you almost cry. I am celebrating that we only have 3 more teeth to come in...teething, it never stops, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! She does look grown up with her new tooth growing into the adorable baby tooth gap. Do you remember when Ben was losing teeth at a quick pace? I think he lost like 6 teeth in 10 days at one point LOL. But he was SO snaggle toothed with permanent teeth growing in before the baby ones fell out. They were pushing out in all directions. It was quite a sight. Nothing adorable like Ruby :) Be sentimental over this. It's one of my favorite things about you!! Love, Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so cute...I love the toothless look. The permanent teeth take a little getting used to. Cole looked so grown up once his big teeth came in.

    ReplyDelete