Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A busy, busy day.

Yesterday I headed up to my mommy's early so I could justify the gas usage from out outpost. I had a lot of fun being with my mom and my sister and seeing my cute nieces. My girls hadn't seen Chloe in a long while and they had a good time together. I especially enjoyed the turkey sandwich with all of the trimmings. It was just like subway. Hooray.

I had my appointment at 2:45, and I gained 5 lbs. since my 14 week appointment. I was surprised but that was my first gain this pregnancy. The MA measured me and was baffled that I was measuring at 22 weeks, instead of 18 like I should have. She brought in another MA to do a double measure so Dr. L didn't give her any grief about a bad measurement. The second MA said it was an obvious 22, so I grew 8 cm in 4 weeks. They asked if I was sure we saw only 1 baby at the 10 week ultrasound. As far as I could tell it looked the same as my two previous single pregnancies. It also took the MA about 2 minutes to find the heartbeat I was a little worried. But then we heard it and it was a strong little heartbeat, 141. I love the relief that that sound brings.

Dr. L said that the 22 week measurement was probably just due to it being my 3rd pregnancy, but I have my ultrasound next week so we will see then. He seemed calm about it.
As I was leaving the office, the MA descended on me and wanted to know what the Dr. said about my measurement. I told them and said such a measurement is very uncommon. It did however made me feel better about the weight gain because I was a hungry, hungry hippo last week.

We also swung into Grandma and Grandpa Romig's to deliver our family picture and give them their disc. We had a good visit and also had a good laugh about where I found Emma. I was visiting with them and Ruby was down stairs playing in the toy room, but it was very quiet upstairs where Emma was. I interrupted the conversation to check on her, she was upstairs in the bathroom with both of their toothbrushes in her mouth, one on each side pulling her lips outward. She is so fascinated with their toothbrushes. It was pretty funny. Then she came down and showed us her brushing job, with one of her winning smiles.

From there we went to Robert's to get a few last things to finish up our tree ornaments. We didn't leave until 6:00 and Emma cried almost the whole way home. Let's just say that it was a long drive home. I was a wee bit frazzled, and completely missed our house and turned into someone elses driveway. Gratefully Jed was about 5 minutes behind me and was able to cuddle and console her. Then about 5 minutes after Jed got home the doorbell rang and it was a member of the Bishopric. We had a good visit with him, but I must confess it was fabulous to be able to finally eat some dinner around 7:30 I had an angry stomach, but the fried egg sandwich worked miracles in calming the anger. Once we got the girls into bed, the evening calmed down and we were able to just lounge around. A good end to a busy day.


  1. I want to see some family pictures! You should post a few...

  2. Yeah you totally should post pictures! So what do ya think about having twins??? I guess you will find out next week!