Monday, December 14, 2009

The catch up

Now that I have my pictures it is time to do a wee bit of postage. Ruby's birthday was very fun. She absolutely knew it was her birthday and thrilled when she would receive phone calls, before she would put the phone to her ear she would ask "What do you think they are calling to wish me?" She enjoyed every minute of it and would also ask, "Can we do this because it is my birthday?" And just for the record, I hate hearing myself on these interview video's. But it is for posterity sake. So just ingnore my annoyingness. Oh how I wish I was Barbara Walters.



During Emma's nap, I shoveled the drive way and Ruby built a big hungry bear and fed him strawberries and even got our 15 year old neighbor to come over and help her for 15 minutes. It was very nice of Sarah to come assist feed the bear. Ruby loves the snow and I thought it was so fun that she got to enjoy the snow on her special day because the night we went to the hospital it snowed like crazy and we had to be up there by midnight for my induction. I told Suzanne that I wanted a snow baby while I was eating them out of house and home because I was worrying that I would be hungry while I was in labor. I had nothing to worry about.



We played lot's of game and watched Snow White while the pigs in a blanket were cooking (Ruby's request) When Jed got home he brought her gift in, it was still in the box because he was a bit grumpy that she found it and was informing my cousin Lanette and her husband Shaun that the bike was her birthday present. Not that she could ride it anyway with all the snow. So it is still sitting in our garage and every day that she goes to school she looks at it and asks when daddy is going to set it up.





The girls had their well checks last Friday, Ruby was a bit unnerved when the told her she had to undress down to her panties. So the nurse gave her to option to wear a gown, she agreed until she saw the gown and told me that her panties were fine.

Emma did very well this time and wasn't scared in the least like she has been in the past. They both got their flu shots and Ruby got her kindergarten shots. I was impressed how well she handled it, everytime they gave her the next vaccination we would see who could make their mouth the widest to take her mind off the shot. After they put bandaids on she asked "Am, I immune now?" I think she got that from Sid the Science Kid. Got to love PBS.

We also schedule Ruby an early appointment with her Opthamologist because her glasses don't seem to be helping with her eye wandering. Sometimes she is fine and her eyes are straight and other times not. I worry that somehow 2 months could make a difference, and I don't want to let it go. I also worry about her having to have her eyes patched, and how she would handle it. So we will be up at PMC in January to see what we can do to help her. Her vision has improved immensly though. And I keep reminding myself not to worry until I have something to worry about.

Here are there stats.

Ruby:

H: 42 in.
W: 44 lb.
She is in the 90th percentile for both, and Dr. Ramsey said she was very well proportioned.

Emma:

H:33 1/4 in.
W:25 lb.

She was in the 30th percentile for both.

I also found this little gem. The girls were in the kitchen playing ring around the rosie with their dolls while I was cooking breakfast.


4 comments:

  1. Ruby's birthday interview was so cute! I loved all the pictures. It looks like Ruby enjoyed her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my ruby!! Priceless! I am glad you interviewed her, you are a barbara walters if I'd say so! That was adorable. What cute kids you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birthday interview! We really love that whole idea, and love watching them. Hope you are enjoying these days before Christmas! We love you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck. The video. I heart Ruby!

    ReplyDelete