Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Some thoughts

-My 28 week appointment went well. Eli's heartbeat was 138, I have put on more weight than I care to admit. I passed my glucose and iron tests, but it was yucky eating the king sized Snicker bar in 5 minutes an hour before the test. I was also measuring at 30 weeks.

-I have been doing a lot of reading in some of my pregnancy books, and I am beginning to wonder what it would be like to go in to labor on my own. I haven't yet had that experience but at the same time worry being so far away from the hospital. The idea excites/frightens me. I have also read a lot of things about the risk of being induced, but both girls have been given a little "ushering" and they did just fine. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am getting to the giddy stage where I am constantly thinking about what Eli will be like, what I need to shop for and what I need to do to prepare my girls.

-Ruby's eye therapy is going well. She willing wears her patch and does what she needs to but the challenge is having enough materials to keep her eye working hard to produce the effect we are hoping for, and also new things so she doesn't get bored. The end of January will be the remedy to that so I can go buy supplies.

- I am finding so much joy in watching my girls play together. They like to play house and take care of each other. It is so funny to hear the things they say and how creative they are. They are such good friends for one another. They bring me so much happiness. It is also so fun to see them play with cousins and the special relationships they are building.



-I have been in an artsy mood, I have dug out all of my projects that need finishing, as there will be no time for projects for a while once Eli is born. I also discovered that the sewing machine that I swore up and down that it didn't work and I once threatened to toss out the window, is working quite well. I think it was the user and not the machine. If I get projects finished, I will post them. Tonight I am going to my sisters to sew the bindings on Emma's quilt and to get it pinned so I can hand stitch the binding. I am looking forward to it being on Emma's bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hey good luck with your projects! How are they coming? I'm seriously amazed by how much you juggle--you so much, and all of it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are coming pretty well. Emma's quilt I have one edge bound, I do that by hand. I used to be able to crack a fully bound quilt out in two nights but I get to tired now. So I set the goal of one side each night.

    I am also working on a wall hanging that has a primitive stitchery for each month. I only have to finish December and then it will be sewing and hand quilting.

    Then I sewed the top of a table runner, and just need a few items to allow me to cut it out properly.

    I don't juggle all that much and most of the time I feel like I am a day late and a dollar short. But that is nice of you to say. It gives me hope that I will eventually get to that point.

    ReplyDelete