I have things that I want to put up decoration wise for Halloween but we don't have furniture in our upstairs living room, or the Rod works sofa table I have my heart set on. Which should all be remedied soon. So yesterday afternoon I was trying to think of a way to put up some decorations that wouldn't require something to set them on. Ruby was a great helper at putting on the googly eyes and putting the paper chain together. It took a lot more time than I had anticipated, but I really enjoyed the time spent with her.
I also took our first picture of the girls on the porch. Did I mention I love having a porch? I also really like the little people sitting on it.
I am really looking forward to this upcoming weekend. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Ruby has school pictures tomorrow.
2. We are headed to Sandy to get Ruby's glasses adjusted. (They are a slightly askew since she has been introduced to our neighbors trampoline.)
3. Maceys is having their cereal extravaganza .98 cents a box. What's not to love?
4. I am purchasing cable knit tights for the girls and a few other essentials.
5. Jed and I will be going to the BYU game Friday evening together, and freezing ourselves silly. Mother dearest is watching the girls so we can go. Jed's dad will be in Hawaii so it was only appropriate that I ask to mooch his ticket.
6. Conference weekend! I love hearing the Lord's servants speak to us giving sound council and encouragement. I am also secretly thrilled about the roast in our fridge for Sunday dinner. It is quite possible that no one loves roast beast more than I.
7. Most of all I am ecstatic to have the whole weekend with my girls and the hubs. I think they are pretty cute.
Bring on the weekend!
Hawaiian Simple Banana Bread
2 days ago