Sunday, April 11, 2010

Monday, Monday!

Oh how I love the Mama's and the Papa's! Anyway, received a call from the hospital this morning around 10:30 letting me know that I needed to come to the hospital today to do my labs for the possible c-section. They said that I needed to be up there before 5 p.m. We decided that we would have Jed go to church and teach his lesson and then come home at 3:00 to be with the girls. Both of them have colds. Ruby is on the mend but Emma is right in the middle of it. As we made this plan we were all laying in our bed. Emma was snoring, Ruby had her hands behind her head like she was at the beach and Jed and I were laying with our eyes closed.

About 2 minutes later the phone rang, again it was the charge nurse at the hospital. She let me know that because it is Sunday the lab closes at noon, and if it was possible to make it up there in time. With our 45 minute drive I knew it would be close, but said I would hurry as fast as possible.

I got dressed, rid myself of my mascara raccoon eyes, kissed the girls and headed to the hospital. I went to the maternity floor to get my paper work and I also got my hospital ID band, which shall remain with me until my stay is over. I was also given instructions for our arrival tomorrow. No eating after midnight. Check. Be to the hospital by 6:00 a.m. What!!! That was two hours earlier than we were planning on. So we will be up at about 4:30 a.m. tomorrow morning to get out the door and pack our sleeping children into the van. Now that I think about it, 2 hours earlier means meeting my son 2 hours earlier. I like it. I just feel bad for my sweet mama, She has been so amazing in helping us through this crazy past week and just doing whatever is needed. She is an angel.

The labs were pretty quick, and painless (not so much now) and before I knew it I was ready to go. They drew tubes for my blood type in so they have my blood type on hand in case they need it, and to check for my blood count.

When I returned home, Ruby came running and hugged me and then about 10 minutes later she said, "When are you going to the hospital? I want you to leave." I felt a little bad and looked at Jed. He explained that while I was gone she kept talking about Eli coming home, and that all she meant was that she wants me to go to the hospital so Eli can be born. That make me smile. The girls have been so good about being shuffled from place to place, but I think that they too are ready for their little brother to come home.


  1. I have been following your daily updates. I am so excited for you! Good luck tomorrow!

  2. Yay---can't wait to meet Baby Eli. Thank you for posting daily updates, they've been great. Let me know if I can help with anything.

  3. Soooooooooooooo excited for you guys :) :) :) Wish I could be there to love on little Mr. Eli and congratulate you all in person when he arrives. I'm counting on continued updates (I recognize that expecting daily updates might be raising the bar a little too high...) and loads and loads of pictures as soon as possible! Love you! We're praying for you guys :)

  4. oh, I love it! I bet he's born already!!! i am happy for you!