Tuesday, December 3, 2013

36 weeks

We had a snow storm through the night and multiple people were posting on facebook how awful the roads were, and it took Jed 90 minutes to get to work when it normally takes 30, plus they closed the road I needed so I could get to my appt. which on a good day it takes at least 40 minutes. So I did the smart thing and cancelled my appt. I am quite sad about it. :( I look forward to knowing what is going on with our little Jax. So alas we will just have to wait until next week. I really am praying that the weather isn't so bad so that I  can make it to my next appts.

                                          
It is mind boggling to me that it is birth month, but am so excited at the same time. Jed told me that my belly is getting to the point that it looks like I am ready to pop and I said "It's quite big isn't it." He just smiled at me and said it is beautiful. He makes me feel happy. He is out of school for just this week and then will go back to 2 weeks and then will have 2 weeks off until the holidays are over. We will enjoy him while he is here. I am going to miss him greatly when he has to go back after the holidays and we have a new baby and it is up to me to take care of everything. :( Oh well grateful for all his hard work. 

We had a great weekend with family, we spent Thanksgiving at Todd and Megs home, the girls and I traveled to Tremonton to go to my dads side of the families get together and Saturday we took the girls to Frozen for their birthdays, got a bite to eat and took Ruby for her surprise to get her ears pierced. It was a fun afternoon. She was so nervous and was shaking and squeezing my hand so tight as they were sanitizing their gloves and preparing the gun. When it came time for it to be done they had two people do it at once so she didn't have to be afraid of the next ear being pierced. She is enjoying them a lot and I think it makes her feel like a lady. :)
 

We also had our friends the Kieffers over on Sunday for an evening treat and a visit. They have 7 children who are so well behaved you don't even know you have that many children in your house. We had a fantastic time chatting with them and greatly enjoy their friendship.

Eli really enjoys coloring and we have been working on coloring on just paper and not on the walls. It is coming along. He also loves to call for Emma when he sees something fun from the window, like the garbage truck. He will say "Emma look!" and she comes running and will stand by him at the window.

 

Jed was called to be the primary chorister in our ward and has been in for 2 weeks. When he received the call I think he felt that it was very out of his comfort zone, but has come home the last two weeks with a smile on his face and last week beardless. He let the kids help him shave his beard off if they could guess what he changed about himself and were singing well. He is a brave soul.


3 comments:

  1. It is so good to read all that is happening with you guys!
    I love Ruby's earrings! I miss feeling your tummy Ashley! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and finding out what is happening to you guys! Ruby's ears look great! I miss feeling your tummy and I'd love to feel Jaxon kick! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture of your kids is so sweet. Eli looks so much like a little cook to me. I love your honesty and humor.

    ReplyDelete