Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve


It was so fun having a laid back day, we did a clean sweep so we would have a place for new toys and such. I have talked a lot about cleaning in my recent posts haven't I? I may be ready to take that subject to the cleaners.

I introduced the girls to The Princess Bride during Eli and Daddy's nap time. They really liked it but did insist that they put the blanket over their eyes during a few parts (the torture machine and when the holocaust cloak is on fire.)

In the afternoon, we made gingerbread houses. Jed helped Ruby and I helped Emma. At first they both wanted to decorate exactly like they look on the box, but we kept telling them that we wanted them to be creative. Each house turned out great, and Eli woke up mid project with his shirt off. He was happy to toddle around and occasionally hit the girls up for a bit of decorating candy.




For dinner we had pizza, and sparking apple juice. Normally I don't like carbonation, but it was particularly choice on this occasion. We opened Pj's, which Ruby asked all day long when she could open them. We ended the evening watching White Christmas. Jed thought he was going to be bored, but it brought a tear to his lovely eyes at the end of the show. For some reason, I like it when Jed cries. I confess, I am a weird Harold.






4 comments:

  1. So so cute! I love the pjs, and what fun traditions. I'm inspired! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gingerbread houses are splendid! I love the kiddos in their Christmas jammies! Now that Koen is off track we will need to have a play date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Please! Ruby starts school on the 2nd I believe but perhaps an afternoon?

    ReplyDelete